Looking up and finding you’re sitting at the table next to Steve Martin or walking past Jamie Lee Curtis as you leave the drug store is a regular occurrence when you live in Los Angeles. For the most part the fact that you live and work in the same city as big name celebrities is pretty cool.
One of the first realizations you have after living in LA for a few years is that this is something that happens to everyone, so it becomes no-big-deal. Everyday people who you work with or hang with have met or are friends with all kinds celebrities. It’s not that you don’t think to yourself – “this is soooo cool!” – but they are just people…and you really can’t brag…’cause it happens to everyone. Here’s a little list of my brush with the rich and famous….
- sat next to Steve Martin at lunch
- met Arnold Schwarzenegger in the alley behind CVS
- Phyllis Diller had her birthday dinner at Jax with us
- Jon Lovitz, who was in Rat Race, A League of their Own and Big.
- Ted Danson hosted a 5K event
- Dan Lauria, the father on the Wonder Years series – came to my door
- sat in the booth next to John Ross Bowie from The Big Bang Theory
- stood next Teri Hatcher, who played Susan Mayer on Desperate Housewives at a charity event Camryn Manheim, who played Daisy May, Berta’s sister on Two and a Half Men was also there
- sat next to Kurtwood Smith, who played Red Forman on That 70’s Show at lunch
- attended Juno Wheeler’s birthday part at Moonlight Rollerway, who is the daughter of Maggie Wheeler, who played Janice, Chandler’s loud girlfriend on Friends, who shared the rink with us
- Jackson Murphy, the son of Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart Simpson, went to preschool with my son, as did Spencer Elden, the Baby On Nirvana’s ‘Nevermind’ Cover.
- stood in line with Rosanne Barr at the grocery store
- saw Tyler Blackburn, who plays Caleb Rivers on Pretty Little Liars walking around Atwater
- Gedde Watanabe, Long Duk Dong from Sixteen Candles was at Jax one night with the crew